Saturday, April 14, 2012

Author Spotlight: Charlotte Abel

Charlotte Abel


Books: 
Enchantment (Book 1, The Channie Series) 
 Taken (Book 2, The Channie Series)





Links


Interview 

1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.I am a full time writer living near Boulder, Colorado with my husband Pete. When I'm not reading or writing, I enjoy hiking, bicycling, and archery.

My debut novel, "Enchantment," Book 1 of The Channie Series is a paranormal coming of age romance which was released in the spring of 2011. "Taken", Book 2 of The Channie Series was just released in January of 2012. I'm planning to publish the final chapter of The Channie Series in the Summer of 2012.

Future projects include a paranormal romantic thriller set in the remote Sawatch Mountain wilderness of Colorado.

2. What types of books do you write?My books all have a common theme that true love will prevail against all odds. I love a happy ending and even though you may have to fight and cry and hurt to get there, it's always worth it.
3. Who's your main audience?The Channie Series is labeled as a Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy Romance so I suppose that means Young Women are my primary audience but since I'm well out of my teens, and twenties...and thirties. Well, lets just say, I am targeting anybody that enjoys a sweet love story with drama and humor and angst and action.
4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses?This is tough to answer. I've been told that one of my strong points is creating interesting characters that people love to love...or hate.  But I think that's also one of my weaknesses. Some of my secondary characters are more active in my imagination than others so I can get carried away with their scenes. I think Hunter Feenie is becoming a 'break-out' star in his own right because once I started writing more about him, I kinda fell in love with the kid. In fact, so many of my fans have told me they love him that I've giving away a "date with Hunter" in my next book. If anyone wants to enter to win a cameo appearance, they can learn more at: www.TheChannieSeries.com.
5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it?
I think it's every author's worst nightmare. Luckily, I didn't suffer from too much writer's block with Enchantment or Taken. However, there are times when I can't quite figure out where to get started so I guess that's similar. When that happens, I know I just have to write anything. I have a file on my desktop labeled "word vomit" so I can give myself permission to write even when nothing inspires me and I know it's pure junk. These sessions usually spark an idea or two.
6. How many books have you written?
Two books are done and two more are in the works. One of those is the beginning of a new series and the other is the end of The Channie Series.
7. How many are published? Two so far.
8. Are you self published or traditionally published?I decided to self-publish because I wanted to write my stories without having to change them to meet an editors or publisher's agenda. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far.

9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you?Back to my weaknesses, I think there are certain story lines that come to me and just want to be written. I've probably cut 20,000 words from my books because they were irrelevant to the main plot....but I just enjoyed writing them. There is a fine line between interesting back story and 'filler'. I guess on the other hand, it makes for some fun 'out-takes' if my fans ever want to see those.
 
10. What type of books do you enjoy reading?Paranormal Romance. Especially when two people beat the odds and end up together.

11. Who's your favorite Author?Orson Scott Card
12. What's your all time favorite book?
Favorite book is New Moon (I know Bella's a wimp, Edward's an idiot and the writing is less than stellar, but even after reading it four times, the scene in the woods still makes me cry).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an interesting book! I'll definitely check it out. I've just started reading paranormal books and this sounds like a fun read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...