Thursday, May 31, 2012

Author of the Week- Stephanie Nelson

Biography:  I am a down to earth sort of girl who believes in Karma. You do good things and good things will be returned to you. I chose to look on the bright side rather than the dark. My love of books came later in life. When I was younger I read a few Goosebump and Fear Street books but they couldn't hold my attention for very long. It wasn't until I heard of sparkly vampires that my curiosity got the better of me. Once I was done with the saga i needed more. I rushed out to the bookstores in search of  more paranormal romance books. After devouring book after book, my own stories began to form in my mind. I never considered myself a writer. The only things I'd wrote were poems and that's a far cry from writing a novel. But I could picture the story in my head so I decided to give it a shot and type it out. It wasn't long before i was scraping it to start another one. I continued on like this for a few years before Gwen Sparks' story came to me. I was almost done with a story but ended up stopping so I could start Craved - Book 1 in the Gwen Sparks Series. Seven months later my book was completed. I didn't intend on publishing,I  was merely writing to write. But after being invited into a wonderful writers group, I found my courage and published Craved. It ended up reaching #1 on the Amazon's best seller's list and #6 on the Barnes & Noble best seller's list. Since then I have published Deceived, the second book in the Gwen Sparks series and have started on another series. If I can give any aspiring authors advice, it'd be never give up! It took me four years to find my story and it was worth the wait. I am blessed to have supportive fans and friends and a loving family who encourages me to follow my dreams. (Obtained from website)

Books by Stephanie: 



Find out more about Stephanie Here:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...