Friday, January 25, 2013

Author Interview with Brian Bigelow

Welcome Brian... 

Here's more about him:  I'm an author living in Colorado with my wife Brandy and our fuzzy children, a Chihuahua that protects from fire hydrants and Cat who is quite the critic at times.

More recently, I also got a bit better acquainted with my camera. If there's a picture in one of my books I probably shot it.

I'm also an organic gardener and I've been a job hunter.

Wanna know more???

Read our interview here:



1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.  I live in Colorado just below Pikes Peak with my wife, Brandy, a ferocious Chihuahua and a black cat. 

2. What types of books do you write?  I mostly write horror these days.

3. Who's your main audience?  Anyone that likes a bit of darker fiction.

4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points?  My main strong point is a lot of story with limited words. What are your weaknesses?  Would like to write longer stories but very limited on time with my full-time day job.

5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it? It happens to most writers at some point. For me, it’s not because I can’t think of an idea, sometimes there’s too many at the same time. Usually I have multiple writing projects going on at the same time so I just change projects.

6. How many books have you written? 19

7. How many are published? 15

8. Are you self published or traditionally published? I’ve been self-published all of last year, just signed my first contract with Perseid Press for a short that will be in Terror By Gaslight. 

9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you? That would have to be creating an outline. I don’t necessarily write the beginning first on all stories. Some I’ve started in the middle, some the ending. Whatever comes to me first.

10. What type of books do you enjoy reading? Sci-Fi, Thrillers, Horror.

11. Who's your favorite Author? Presently J.K. Accinni

12. What's your all time favorite book? There are so many that’s difficult to answer. I could probably make a list of about 80 all-time favorites.

13. How long does it take you to write a book? Depends on the book, my present project has taken a month and a half but it’s about 15k at present.

14. Out of all of your characters, which is your favorite? Why? That would be Angel who is in Liturgy. She is a very strong woman after getting some hard knocks.

15. What is one of the most surprising things you've learned as a writer? I have a real imagination that I never knew I had. 

16. What does your family think of your writing? The four legged children don’t seem to care too much as long as I feed them. Brandy won’t read horror so I haven’t really asked.

17. What does your writing schedule look like?  Get off from my day job and open up my work in progress, start writing for a couple of hours.

18. Do you manage to write every day? Yes

19. What's the latest news you'd like to share? Around March 1st Horror Bent 2 should be coming out.

20. Do you have any advice for new writers? Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t succeed and never give up. Make sure you read daily, I read about an hour every evening. Get a grammar manual, read it from cover to cover. Better yet, get a couple of them. Your stories will be written better to begin with which will make editing and rewriting much easier.




Find Brian here:


http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/brian-bigelow?keyword=brian+bigelow&store=ebook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...