Monday, January 28, 2013

Dark Expectations Tour with Janiera Eldridge



Author BioJaniera enjoys feeding her book addiction when she not writing. She is also a book blogger at Beauty and Books where she mixes being a book nerd with keeping things chic. When not reading or writing she is freelance writing in the entertainment industry.When trying to relax she likes a huge yard sale on a Saturday morning, rainy days to read by and nacho cheese is her kryptonite. Soul Sisters is her debut novel.


Title: Dark Expectations (Book 2 in the Soul Sisters Trilogy)

Author: Janiera Eldridge

Release Day: October 31, 2012

Synopsis:  With Ani taking her place as queen, there are some enemies lurking she could never imagine! There's a secret compound in California that wants to know the secrets to making a vampire or werewolf. When they kidnap Ani during a trip back to California they might actually get what they want. Her sister Dana, her lover Diego and other vampires do everything they can to get her back. If they don't succeed, they face being controlled completely by the human race forever! Dark Expectations is the exciting sequel to Soul Sisters that's full of adventure, danger and what it means to be queen!

Buy Links: 



Interview with the Author


1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.
I’m 21 year-old writer and dedicated reader. I’m trying writing full time and write now it has been a great experience. I’m a simple girl to please. Hand me a good book and a hot cup of coffee and I’m good to go!


2. What types of books do you write?
My first couple of books are horror and urban fantasy. Although I like to experiment with my writing so I may end up writing many different genres.


3. Who's your main audience?
My audience is pretty broad as both men and women read my books so I guess you could say my audience is men and women who enjoy dark fantasy.


4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses?
My strong points are my character building and g good pacing capability. I don’t feel I have weaknesses as I strive to improve on my writing skills all the time.


5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it?
I know people who suffer from writer’s block so it is very serious but I’m fortunate not to suffer from it much. Sometimes though, I get burnt out from writing so I take a few days off to read some good books or watch a good movie and I’m ready to get back to work!


6. How many books have you written?
Three. 2 Urban Fantasies, 1 horror.


7. How many are published?
2 from the Soul Sisters Trilogy. I hope to publish my horror novel in early 2013.


8. Are you self published or traditionally published?
Self-published and I love every minute of it.


9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you?Editing. I truly despise final edits. By the time I get to final edits I’ve read the story a million times and that makes looking for all the little problems even harder. I enjoy content editing.


10. What type of books do you enjoy reading?
Urban Fantasy, horror and mystery are my favorite to dig into.


11. Who's your favorite Author?
It’s impossible for me to have just one. Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Stephanie Meyers are my top 3 favorites.


12. What's your all time favorite book?
The Help by Kathryn Stockett, it is amazingly written and so inspiring!

13. How long does it take you to write a book?
To finish a first draft usually no more than 2 months. I’m anal about editing so that usually takes the longest.

14. Out of all of your characters, which is your favorite? Why?
Ani from Soul Sisters. Ani is strong and independent. Even though she can get herself into a lot of trouble she is loyal and always takes care of the people she loves.

15. What is one of the most surprising things you've learned as a writer?
That as bad as you want people to read your work it is also terrifying!

16. What does your family think of your writing?
They no better than to say they don’t like it! Just kidding. I only let them read my urban fantasy series and they seem to enjoy it.

17. What does your writing schedule look like?
Since I write full time I write for about 4-6 hours a day. On days I don’t write I’m doing promotions 4-6 hours a day trying to spread the word.

18. Do you manage to write every day?
Whether it is a promo or for my book yes, I write something every day or a get itchy or something.

19. What's the latest news you'd like to share?
I’m so excited about prepping my ghost story Good Ghost Gone Bad for release early next year. It is gritty and dark. I had a lot of fun writing it and hope people will enjoy reading it!

20. Do you have any advice for new writers?
Write from your soul and write boldly. Don’t let negative reviews change your writing or give you doubts and always edit your work!



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...