Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Love Blog Hop- Author Featuring Amy McClung

Welcome to another day along the Hop. Today I'd like to welcome author Amy McClung to our blog. It's great having you here.

For those who would like to know more about Amy, here's our interview.




1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.
I am a southern girl, born and raised in Nashville, TN. Currently I reside right outside of Nashville, with an amazing man I have been lucky enough to be married to for seven years. At the present time, we have no children, except for my characters which are as dear to me as if they were my children. I just began my writing adventure less than two years ago when I went I had to make some changes in my life. No one, other than my husband, knew that I was writing a book until the day I published it on Kindle. This has been an eye-opening and wonderful experience for me. I have met so many amazing authors, readers, reviewers and just supporters in general, since I first published.


2. What types of books do you write? I write YA Paranormal Romance


3. Who's your main audience? I would say women ages 16-30 would be the majority but I have had several men enjoy my books as well as older women.


4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses? My strong points would be that I have a great imagination and I am good at plot twists and suspense. My weakness is that I am not as confident in myself as I should be and have a hard time promoting myself.


5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it? Whenever I run into Writer's block, I take a break from writing and just listen to music. Many of my ideas have stemmed from songs.


6. How many books have you written? I have written two books so far and am in the midst of writing a third and a fourth.


7. How many are published? Two are published and the third will be out this Summer


8. Are you self published or traditionally published? Self published


9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you? Finding a stopping point, I feel there are so many things I can do with my characters. However, if you drag it out too much people lose interest so I struggle with which things are most important for the story.


10. What type of books do you enjoy reading? Paranormal, Fantasy, Suspense, Comedy, Dystopian, Contemporary Romance


11. Who's your favorite Author? Ooh, that is a tough one. There are so many good ones out there. Just to name a few of the ones I have enjoyed the most: JK Rowling, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Rachel Caine, Brenda Pandos, Kelly Armstrong


12. What's your all time favorite book? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


13. How long does it take you to write a book? 6-8 months


14. Out of all of your characters, which is your favorite? Why? Mitchell Davis. He is fun, goofy, sweet, loyal, sexy, everything you would want in a significant other or a really good male friend.

15. What is one of the most surprising things you've learned as a writer? Just the fact I wrote a book is surprising to me personally! I would have to say though that the indie community itself and the amount of support that fellow authors give has been tremendous and incredibly overwhelming in a wonderful way.


16. What does your family think of your writing? They are very supportive. My husband is my biggest supporter of all. My parents are excited and supportive as well, of course. Between my husband and parents I am bragged on a lot which is nice.

17. What does your writing schedule look like? I work full-time so I write for about two to three hours on the weeknights and about 6 hours total on weekends.

18. Do you manage to write every day? I make the best effort to do a little each day at least

19. What's the latest news you'd like to share? There will be a spin-off book from the Parker Harris series that will revolve around a character introduced in the second book, Dreams, Spells, and Moonlit Tales.

20. Do you have any advice for new writers? Don't give up! That is the best advice I have been given and the best I can pass on. There is a lot of support out there for Authors. You can't let the negativity bring you down, let the positivity keep you soaring instead. Not everyone will like your book and that is okay. Concentrate on the ones that do. Take constructive criticism and use it to better yourself.


Interested to know more? You can find Amy here:



Amazon Links:

Cascades of Moonlight (The Parker Harris Series Book #1)

Dreams, Spells, and Moonlit Tale (The Parker Harris Series Book #2)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and
also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or
did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.
My blog post ; The Tao of Badass

Reading For Fun said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hello! Nice interview and I have to say great choice for fav book. I love the Harry Potter series.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...