Thursday, April 25, 2013

(Review) Nautre Calls by Bonnie Bernard

Title: Nature Calls
Author: Bonnie Bernard
Pages: 169
Format: Kindle (mobi)
Available on Amazon

Description:

“Nature Calls” is a 40,000 word anthology of fourteen short stories revolving around the idea, “If Mother Nature and Sister Karma whipped up a cauldron of ‘Double, double toil and trouble’ soup, this might be the result.” From ghosts to goblins to three-legged, one eyed Pomeranians, Nature Calls offers something for everybody who looks at life through cock-eyed glasses. Warning…you may never enter the woods or an outhouse the same way again.


My Review
****
(4 stars)

This book is a collection of 14 short stories. *I was given a copy of the book in return for an honest review.*

The idea behind some of the stories were great. Others weren't so great. I totally enjoyed reading The Ricki Shay Effect and The Devil's Detailer. I think these two alone could have been their own novels. I would love to see the author expand them into much more powerful novels. As for the other short stories, even though I didn't really like them, it doesn't mean you wont. I felt that some could have been a bit longer and had more to them. 

The overall writing is fantastic and the author did a great job with the main idea of this book. The characters are entertaining in each short story. My favorite character is Howie Evil and I would love to read more about him. The plot to the two stories that I read really pulled me in and I couldn't stop reading until the end. 

I love the idea that the author is donating all proceeds up to $100.00 to a wildlife rescue group from this book. I think it's a great cause, and I am glad to have been able to help out with this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...