Monday, April 1, 2013

(Review) Tainted Love by Eva Márquez

Title: Tainted Love
Author: Eva Marquez
Pages: 173
Format: Kindle
Description:

Isabel thought her life was on track – she was doing well in college, moving quickly toward her future, and deciding who she wanted to be. Best of all, she’d reunited with Tom, the swim coach she had a secret affair with in high school. But it doesn’t take long for her history – and his – to start catching up with them.

When Isabel goes back to her college life, after spending a blissful summer reuniting with Tom, things take a dangerous turn. Isabel gets swept up in a relationship with a dark, mysterious professor, with whom she begins a covert love affair that could ruin everything she has rebuilt with Tom. Worse, she starts to hear rumors from friends back home - rumors about a teacher having affairs with students. And Tom seems to be at the center of the controversy. Will Isabel’s instincts about what Tom’s been up to during their time apart drive her farther away, or will she forgo her new romance to run to Tom’s defense?

Tainted Love is Book Two of the Sweetest Taboo Series, a controversial and edgy contemporary YA romance series appropriate for readers sixteen and over. Sweetest Taboo, Book One of the series, was released on October 1, 2012. Book Three, Time After Time, is scheduled to be released on December 3, 2013.


My Review
*** 3 Stars

I'm not real sure where to start, so I'll write as things come to mind. Tainted Love doesn't seem to be written as good as the first within this series. I felt like I was listening to an immature teen ramble on about their life. I really thought that the main character, Isabel would have been a bit more mature, because she was grown and in college. I honestly think she's worse in this one. It doesn't seem like she's grown up at all. She claims she loves Tom but joins into another relationship with someone else. During this time she worries if Tom is being unfaithful but doesn't even really consider what she's doing. It was annoying. I had a hard time caring for her and rooting for her in this one.

I actually feel bad for Tom. No matter how much of his heart he gives within this book, Isabel just doesn't see it. Because of the way she behaved, I couldn't really get into the story as much as I wanted to.

I noticed in a few places where the point of view changed, which added a bit of confusion. In the third chapter we see it from Tom's point of view but it goes from first person into third later in the book.

I will eventually read the next book to see what happens and I'm hoping that Isabel grows up.

*I received Tainted Love for review. All opinions are my own. *

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...