Sunday, July 7, 2013

(Review) My Angel by Jaime Gibson

Title: My Angel
Author: Jamie Gibson
Format: Kindle
Genre: Non-Fiction

Description

Pregnancy is supposed to be a wonderful time; a special moment that will change your life forever. Sharing the love with your four- year -old, who can’t wait to be a big brother. Getting ready to bring the baby home, feeling those first fluttering’s, and loving your baby. But what happens when things start going wrong? When the doctors won’t listen, when your boyfriend’s indifferent?

Being put on bed rest then praying you can carry long enough to give birth to a healthy baby. And when you can’t take the pain from the contractions anymore, they tell you they won’t even try to save your little girl. How do you tell your little boy that he will never get to meet his baby sister? How do you get through the pain of both, the delivery and the heartache?

They say, “That which does not kill you makes you stronger,” but the phrase only works when it DOESN'T kill you….

Author Jamie Gibson tells the story of how her second pregnancy affected not only her life, but those around her. She describes the trying circumstances surrounding her family during her troubled pregnancy. And Jamie shows how a baby, that she was never able to hold, made her stronger to face the rest of her life.


My Review
5 Stars
*****

Where do I even begin? I lost my daughter three weeks ago. She was a stillborn. I was gifted this book to read. At first I wasn't sure if I could read it due to the fact that I'm going through the same thing the author tells within her story. However, curiosity got the best of me and I began reading. I'm very glad that I did.

This is a raw true story of the pain a mother endured with the loss of her baby girl. She gives it to the reader and doesn't sugar coat, which I am happy with that. I felt her pain and wanted to cry out for her. At times I felt like I was right there beside her, watching the story unfold right in front of my eyes.

The book is very well written and can give a small view into the world a mother enters with the loss of a child. I recommend this book to everyone. This book can help give hope to the Momma's who are going through the same thing and can give people who haven't a small bit of what mothers are going through when they are faced with the loss of a child.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...